Reverse Warrior pose
This pose stretches and opens up the front & side of the body, releasing tension and allowing for a deeper breath. It strengthens the legs and shoulders, and stretches the hips and inner thighs.
Getting into the pose:
1. Start in downward facing dog. Step your right foot between your hands, come up to standing, keeping a deep bend in your right knee and your left leg straight.
2. Lift your right arm up towards the ceiling and lower your left hand onto your left thigh for support. Look up at your right hand.
3. Engage your core, lift your chest up, relax your shoulders and lengthen through your spine.
4. Hold for five deep breaths.
5. Repeat on the second side.