Parivrtta Utthan Pristhasana
Half Twisted Lizard pose
This pose stretches the quads, hip flexors and opens chest and shoulders. It improves spinal mobility and can help to alleviate lower back pain.
Getting into the pose:
1. Start with your right foot forward and your left leg behind you (in a low lunge stance).
2. Roll onto the outer edge of your right foot, allowing the right knee to drop out to the side.
3. Place your left hand on the floor to support yourself, and lift up you left foot, holding it in place with your right hand.
4. Lengthen through your spine and lift your chest up.
5. Hold for five deep breaths.
6. Repeat on the second side.